Saturday

Blog #6 "See the cat, see the cradle."


As Vonnegut contends, people seek truth but are often unwilling to speak honestly because they fear judgement...from self and others. In a short, concise way - state a truth that most are unwilling to admit.

2 comments:

Wocka said...

Those are truths that people realize about themselves but won't tell other people because they are afraid what they will think.

sudeep said...

Generally people are not willing to admit something they've done when they know that the person they're telling it to will be upset or more reluctant to help them in the future. I disrupted this behavior because occasionally I would slip up and end up telling the truth about something I did even when I knew I might perhaps anger or hurt the person. It was my way of clearing my conscience. After a while though, I realized that I don't have to tell the truth and clear my conscience because lying about myself to someone isn't necessarily bad as long as I know why I lied and recognize that I can get away with it. Though I realize that some people might have a morality issue with my rationale, I almost see it it a Social Darwinist standpoint. Its as simple as it may seem: You can sometimes lie or manipulate a situation so that things work out in your favor. To get ahead. Of course if the lie gets discovered and you get exposed you have a lot to lose. Again, that depends on the situation. I can't advise somehow how to lie or what to lie about because thats up to them. But lie, because everyone in the end does everything for themselves only. Even when somebody discovers something great or helps people or makes a sizable contribution to a charity, sure they're doing it to help whomever or whatever, but I believe they're mostly doing it so they feel good about themselves. They've made a significant change in something, and they alone. So live by the foma and every now and then when you feel the time is right, see how far you can get with a lie.