Great literature transcends time because of its inherent qualities: the author has a clear purpose, the author achieves that purpose, and the purpose is a worthwhile one.
Wednesday
Final Journal
Reflect... Keep it relevant... Keep it appropriate... Be creative... and Keep it real...yo
Thank you Erica. I have always felt that Fifty and I are kindred spirits. The plight of inner-city youths and their struggle to assimilate into a hostile environment reminds me of the difficulties I faced at The Hackley School when I was a teen. Sure, some might argue that most of my classmates were obscenely rich, and there was no violence - but we all still listened to "Rappers Delight" because we knew what it felt like to be repressed by "the man." I think Fifty said it best when he exclaimed, "My twenty-inches spinnin', you always see me grinin.'" His contention that fiscal independence assuages the gravity of social injustice is well targeted.
2 comments:
Thank you Erica. I have always felt that Fifty and I are kindred spirits. The plight of inner-city youths and their struggle to assimilate into a hostile environment reminds me of the difficulties I faced at The Hackley School when I was a teen. Sure, some might argue that most of my classmates were obscenely rich, and there was no violence - but we all still listened to "Rappers Delight" because we knew what it felt like to be repressed by "the man." I think Fifty said it best when he exclaimed, "My twenty-inches spinnin', you always see me grinin.'" His contention that fiscal independence assuages the gravity of social injustice is well targeted.
Peace...
Tim,
I don't understand your post. What is so funny? Are you being sarcastic?
Post a Comment